A tourist visa is required for entry into Bhutan and it should be strictly routed through local tour operators. We can assist you to process your tourist visa to Bhutan. No Bhutanese embassies or missions abroad issue tourists visa. To process your visa, please send us the following documents/information to our email address email@example.com;
- A copy of valid passport (the passport should have validity of 6 months on the day of entry to Bhutan.
- Colour passport size photograph not older than 6 months.
- Date of Birth:
- Birth Place/Country:
- Permanent Address:
Note: You need to send passport copy and photograph via email attachment in JPEG format.
We will apply your visa and forward you and upon an approval, we will send you e-Visa, which you need to print and bring along for any immigration purpose. The actual visa will be stamped on your passport on arrival at Paro International airport or at the border if you enter via land.
Visitors are required to fill up the custom declaration form and handover the same to custom officials on arrival at the Paro airport. You need to carry a copy of this form and produce at the time of departure.
Following articles are exempted from duty:
- Personal affects and articles for day to day use by the visitor
- 2 litres of alcohol
- Instruments, apparatus or appliances for professional use.
- Photographic equipment, video cameras and other electronic goods for personal use.
- Import of tobacco products are highly restricted. A person is allowed to bring a carton of 200 pieces of cigarettes or 150 gram of tobacco or equal weight of cigar. Only one product is allowed at a time. Any tobacco products for personal consumption will attract 100% custom duty and 100% sales tax. You also need to produce purchase receipt.
* The articles mentioned under “3”& “4” must be declared upon entry. If such items disposed of in Bhutan by sale or gift, you are liable for a custom duty upon exit.
Import and Export of following goods are strictly prohibited:
- Arms, ammunition, explosives and military stores
- All narcotics and drugs except medically prescribed drugs
- Wildlife products, especially those of endangered species
- Pornographic materials
- Purchasing of old items should be certified as non antiques.
- Imports of plants, soils etc are subject to quarantine regulations. These items must be cleared on arrival.